Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Anime Banzai (The beginning...)

Three months ago, a dude named Lysander told me about this convention called Anime Banzai that's being held in Salt Lake City in October. He told me that I could FINALLY meet somebody from the Internet! But I was all like "cool! But... I'm all convention'd out... Maybe if I feel up to it..."

Last Sunday, it came up again. But not from who I SAW it coming from.

You may know Lauren (As you're pretty much the only person that reads this.). She told me about this convention called Anime Banzai taht's being held in Salt Lake City in October. She told me she would be going. In costume (whether or not I say what that is, is up to her). And I should go too. And I should wear a costume.

I guess I'll see Lysander after all?

But that's not the only reason I'm going FAAAAAR from it.

It's been over a year since I've seen ANYBODY I can call a friend. Technically, I can't call Maddi one. She's called sister. Or cousin. Whatever I'm feeling like at the time. But that's not the point. (But she's usually called Rain. Again, not the point.) I'm feeling pretty jazzed to finally see Lauren again! *coughI'mbeingselfishIcantelldon'ttellmeIalreadyagreecough*

And a costume? Knowing me, it'd probably be some stupid Transformers stuff or something, right?

WROOOONG!!!

NOBODY (including myself) expected me to begin a costume of... drumroll, please? ...FIRE MAN!

*crickets*

(I wanted something genuinely Japanese, and not "technically Japanese... if you squint" like Transformers is. Fire Man was the best looking Robot Master in my colony of editors (consisting of exactly two people), so I went with him.)

I current-designed him, and he looks awesome. I can't wait until I finally get my Flame Busters! I've been tossing around ideas for a while now, and Fire Man wasn't one of them. I got inspired when I saw this custom action figure of him: http://www.angelfire.com/mech/jinsaotome/JinsDangerousToys/FiremanJoe.html (Side note: My version looks NOTHING like that version.I wanted to be creative :3 However, I DID borrow the design of the fuel tanks on his back, and the rubber tubes coming into his Flame Busters. Because that was just logical.)

I'll eventually post my design up on Deviant Art when I'm ready for it to be unleashed.

Oh! And I'll be uncharacteristically carrying along a Met plushie. Because Mets are AWESOME.

This is all.


--Got the Point?
END OF LINE

2 comments:

  1. Stop calling yourself names! ^_^ I think this fireman idea is not just awesome...but SUPER SPECIAL AWESOME!!! I can't wait to see you again!!! It is going to be so much fun at the con! :3 We are going to PARTEEEE!!!!
    ^_^
    ^_^
    ^_^

    ReplyDelete