Thursday, August 27, 2009

Revenge of the Fallen

WOULD PEOPLE PLEASE STOP EMAILING ME ASKING ME MY OPINION OF REVENGE OF THE FALLEN!?

"but Rai! If you would just talk about it, people would stop asking!"
"By George, you're right, annonoymous person that can't possibly exist!"

And so I did. You get what you ask for...

ROTF is a fitting title. "Revenge is mine!" --The Fallen.

It was a horrible movie. I'll be blunt.

However, I enjoyed it. Very VERY muchly. The second time was FAR more enjoyable than the first. I already knew what to expect, and so I wasn't as shocked.

Both times, I had this BIG stupid grin on my face the entire movie. Except for that one part. But I'll get around to that.

Some parts would have been better in print. I mean, to this day, the Arcees are still called the "Arcee Twins" due to how Josh Duhamel shouted their names (For the record, he said "Arcee! Twins! The Decepticon's headed in your direction!")

People keep saying that Devastator should have done more, and I agree. However, I know the exact REASON why he did as little as he did. He was friggin' expensive. In order to do ONE FRAME of his animation, ILM had to use up over 85% of their computers. Some of which burned out BECAUSE of Devvy. However, he did the job he was called on to do; he 'devastated' the pyramid. So... good for him!

You're probably expecting me to have hated the Twins, eh? Sorry. I was neutral with them. They didn't do anything useful to the plot, granted, but they didn't do anything detrimental, either. They were just... there. Their dialogue? I don't know why everybody says they're racist. I just saw them as two goofy lookin', goofy talkin', stupid teenagers. Emphasis on the 'stupid' part. Before the movie came out, at BotCon, I took it upon myself to buy Skids there. On his packaging, it even says that the Twins are stupid! (It also says that Skids THINKS he's the smart one. Go figure) They got the coolest altmode, though. That ice cream truck at the beginning was awesome. I knew it would be when I first saw it a year ago in leaked pictures. When I saw the toy of it at BotCon, I knew it would be mine. Now I've got it, and it looks awesome!

I got distracted there. Woo.

The Autobots got more... how I say... gray area? With this movie. You know that opening scene? In Shanghai? That big scary excavator? Demolishor? He was a caretaker of a SHELTER for SCARED and ALONE Decepticons! It says so right on his box! And that Audi R8 that gets sliced in half by Sideswipe? Sideways? Did he do ANYTHING to the Autobots? I mean... He didn't even shoot back at the Arcees! His only crime was his insignia! The first thing he did when his was found out? He RAN! He was a SCARED DECEPTICON! One of the many that Demolishor was SHELTERING! And back to Demolishor, he was mean, but he didn't do anything to anyone, really. He only transformed when the soldiers found him out and surrounded him. The first thing he does is cause a distraction and get rid of some of the surrounding gunfire. Then he ran. Granted, he did cause a WHOLE lot more damage than Sideways, who only bursted through a building, but my point still stands. His final words, "This planet is not yours for the taking. The Fallen will rise again!" can totally just be interpreted as "Your reign of terror can't last forever. There will come a day when even YOUR spark is extinguished." And he was sorta ambiguous about the whole "Not yours" part. He didn't explicitly say that it was the Decepticon's planet, either...
On the subject of The Fallen, He never did anything particularly villainous. He wants to power his dying planet. The closest star is our Sun. However, Earth has a civillization. How many lightyears away is the next closest star? 4.37? Yeah. I thought so. So he's willing to let ONE planet die for another. Yes, that was a wrong decision, yes I don't want him to make it, but I'm sorta seeing that he's desperate. The other Primes, rather than leaving en masse, died and let their corpses become a secret tomb, where the Matrix of Leadership, which is sorta the KEY for the Solar Harvesters, which creates Energon, which is the main source of power for all Cybertronians (Transformers). (whew!) The Fallen, now with a limited supply of power, (as the Primes created one more of them, and gave all of their power to him, and the Primes all share one power supply,) simply lounges on the starship Nemesis, with a bunch of dying baby Decepticons.

Meh!

Now on to the subject of Jolt... was he even IN this movie? Seriously. He did absolutely nothing. I've got nothing more to say that's not on this page here: JOLT

Last thing: The part that I didn't grin at: Ravage's death.
That cool cat was awesome! Right up until he chose the WRONGEST time to try to sneak attack the newly kill fetish'd Bumblebee. Seriously. I saw the offending scene at BotCon, and I was like "Oooh! Ravage! Man! He's so awesome, I just wanna--AUAGHTHOPHARGLE!!!"

So without further ado: Here's THIS

Another thing that really ticks me off is the release date for it on DVD and BluRay... October 22nd!
Will it even be OUT OF DOLLAR THEATRES by then!?
(You know I'll totally get it on the first day. I'm predictable like that.)

But That's all I got.

--Got the Point?

END OF LINE

1 comment: