Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Sunrise Falls and other such tales

I'll begin this post by telling you about Sunrise Falls. A comic written by my good friend Maddi. It's Got the Point's first fanfiction! Go me. It's also illustrated by me. That takes some of the specialness out of it, but alas.
Sunrise Falls is the tale of Paris Anne Culpio, and the far-off town of Sunrise Falls. A little briefer on the characters so far:
Paris: The star of the show. She's a bit shy and likes photography.
Venice: Paris' older brother. He's kinda goofy.
Italy: Their mother. I'm unsure how to describe her.
France: Their father. Once again...
Karen: One of Paris' Scenera friends. She's one of the only three girls on the... *ahem* "sports" team.

And that's it so far. The site? It's currently under construction, but you can check progress HERE!

Next such tale: Pizza Hut. I've gotta talk about it some time. I mean... it's in the description up there, so why not?

For those not in the know, I work as a dishwasher at the pizza place. Lately, however, I've been reassigned to become the all around guy with a focus on waiting. I love waiting. I train waitresses on how to do their jobs. I train people on how to assemble pizzas. I train people on how to cut pizzas. I train people on how to do storage. I train people on how to create pasta. I train people on how to use the freaking dishwasher.

I love my job. I don't, however, like to rewash things that other, lazier people, have previously 'washed'. I mean, how hard is it to do dishes, anyway? You take dish. Apply water. Add soap. Scrub. Rinse. Put into dishwasher. Dry. Take them back.

Simple. (and clean. (the author was suddenly taken away and beat up for that. Never again))

Anyway... I'm pretty much the only constant worker there. Nobody has worked at Pizza Hut for more than two months at a time. I'm not altogether sure why. But then, I've worked there so long that I have forgotten what it's like starting off, so... my perspective is admittedly biased and skewed a bit. Anyway... people just arrive one day and say they quit. I believe in my 13 months of working there, only three people have actually given a two week notice. This is quite sad. They also have a tendency to quit the exact day when they'd be the most useful. Do they set us up like that? It sure seems that way!

Another such tale: The music player

You've no doubt noticed the music player on the bottom of the page by now. I mean, unless you read everything in this post in less than three seconds, or have the speakers muted, there's no way you could have missed it. I'm just pointing it out. I think it's keen. I stole the idea from THAT OTHER BLOG I FREQUENT, quite obviously. You should frequent it, too.

This, I COMMAND!

...That's a fun thing to say. You should say it, too.

This, I COMMAND!

Ahh, Serpentor. Where would I be without you?

Hmm... Another such tale? I... really don't have that much more to say, so...

Maybe next time!

--Me, Myself, and Rai

No comments:

Post a Comment